Complete rule workflow
Managing a distributed Snort environment requires a very powerful rule management system. This was one of the key features of prior versions, but in 3.0 we have further enhanced it to improve its scalability:
- Support for multiple rule feeds (VRT and Emerging Threats are confirmed to work).
- Multi domain hierarchical structure for rule management, allowing the admin to deploy rules in groups, exploit inheritance and access rights.
- Automatic rule classification and searching.
- Big Data based technology (OLAP and Hadoop).
- Policy workflow, rollback, supervised deployment.
redBorder IPS doesn’t provide its own rules. We are happy to be agnostic in this area.