- Create and Connect the Flow Sensor
Create and Connect the Flow Sensor
This chapter describes the steps needed to create and connect a flow sensor to redborder.
Add a Flow Sensor
The Traffic module (also known as flow), from the redborder platform, allows the monitoring and supervision of the data traffic received from the entire business infrastructure. Thanks to the views offered by this module we can make comparisons, filters, searches and analysis.
1. Once logged into the redborder manger web console, go to the Sensors option and then in the Add Sensor menu select flow type.
2. You will see that a modal window to enter the flow sensor data.
- Name: Name of the sensor.
- Obvervation ID: [optional].
- SNMP Community: [optional] If you want to monitor this sensor using snmp in redborder platform, enter the SNMP Community string configured in the sensor.
- IP or Network: IP address or network to which the sensor belongs.
- License (Enterprise): Select the license that will be used to authorize the new sensor in the redBorder platform.
3. Click on Save to create the sensor.
If these actions have been carried out correctly, we have registered our sensor and the platform will be ready to collect and visualize the data incoming from the exporter.
Check Incoming Flow Data
If the flow sensor has been correctly configured and created, you should see flow data incoming in a way similar to the following image:
|Depending on the flow version used and the device exporter, a delay may occur in appearing the data on the system.
For some Netflow versions (V9 and IPFIX) and sflow, exporters must send a special package with the information template. Until redBorder does not receive that template it cannot display the information.
- Compatibles flow protocol versions are Netflow 5, 9 and IPFIX and sflow. Contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to connect using other flow protocol versions.
- Redborder flow collector uses udp 2055 port for listening to netflow data. Configure your netflow exporter to send data to the IP of the manager using this port number.
- Redborder flow collector uses udp 6343 port for listening to sflow data. Configure your sflow exporter to send data to the IP of the manager using this port number.