What's in this Guide?
In this article you will find a quick guide on how to create and configure alarms in a redBorder Manager.
RedBorder offers customers a complete system of alarms that allows you to notify them via email or syslog when a certain condition specified by the same is met.
The configuration of new alarms is very customizable and offers a wide variety of options, such as being able to select the specific module with which you want to work, the amount of maximum or minimum data that is considered adequate, severity and even other useful conditions.
To create a new alarm, you must go to the Tools section near the upper right corner, and select Alarms.
You can see an empty screen where the alarms will be displayed once you create them. To do this, you must click on the button New Alarm.
Creating and Configuring Alarms
Once you have done the previous steps, you will find a menu similar to the one shown in the image:
Below we will detail each of the options that appear:
- Name: Name of the alarm.
- Time Window: It serves to take into account only the information of the period of time that is specified.
- Product Type: It allows selecting between the different modules of redBorder.
- Notify every: Frequency or period of time must pass before an alarm is displayed again.
- Units: Allows you to select between different types of metric.
- Timezone: Time zone corresponding to the organization to correctly display the time at which the alarms are notified.
- Upper limit: Maximum range that, when exceeded, activates the alarm.
- Bottom limit: Minimum range that, when exceeded, activates the alarm.
- Severity: It allows to regulate the severity of the alarm shown.
- Notify to syslog: Notify the alarm via syslog.
- Notify to email: Notify the alarm via email.
- Select an user to append his email to the list: If you check the option Notify the alarm via email, all registered users will appear and you can select them.
- Email list: Here you will see the email of the user previously selected and you can also add one manually. It is required to have activated the Notify to email option.
In this section, you can make more specific filtering by defining one or several given conditions.
For example, you can filter by previously created sensors:
To add more condiones than initially appear, you must click on the + button. To remove them the process is the same, just by clicking on the - button.
Once you have finished setting up a new alarm, you must save the changes by clicking on the Create Alarm button
An alarm will be displayed that notifies each time the CPU exceeds 50% of use with the parameters shown in the following image:
What is Next?
- Share Dashboards with Other Users or Domains
- Convert a Dashboard in a Report
- How to Create/Configure a Report